September 2020: Due to Covid-19 we are not holding on-site classes at this time. Please see our Online Sunday School page for me information.
Children’s Sunday School classes are held for children and young people from two years old up through 12th grade. The classes meet in the lower level classrooms from 10:15 to 11:00 a.m., at the same time the adult classes are being held on the main level. Nursery is available for babies and toddlers during this time. The Sunday School program follows a well-developed curriculum. More information is available from Sunday School Director Melody Bentley. You may reach her by contacting the church office.
Priority: Child Safety is important to us. Go to our Child Protection Plan to read more about our policies that aim to promote a safe environment for our children, youth, staff, and volunteers.
Purpose: Coming alongside our covenant families to teach, establish, and equip the children at Grace to grow in grace as disciples of Jesus Christ
Goals: Students who grow over time in …
- Knowledge of the Word of God, and the ability both to unpack its meaning and to apply it to their lives
- Recognizing their own sinful condition and the redemption offered in the Gospel
- Understanding of and love for the Triune God of the Bible
- Their active pursuit of a relationship with God through the Word, sacraments, & prayer
- Their relationship to Christ’s church, in due time becoming communicant members
- Christ-centered relationships among their peers and the rest of the church
- Their vision for and equipping to lead a life of faithful, fruitful Christian service, including making a ready defense of their faith and values
- Age appropriate curriculum
- Great Commission Publications (GCP) curricula (exclusively so for 1st-6th grade)
- The Westminster Confession of Faith and catechisms
- Other Bible study guides, Christian books screened by the Session
- Outline of Grace OPC Children’s Sunday School Curriculum
- Enthusiastic, well-equipped teachers (2 adults per classroom, all Grace members)
- Classrooms and teaching aids to create a conducive learning environment
- Youth Group (7th-12th grade) – monthly meetings, annual retreat
- Communicants Class (taken once w/ senior pastor, ordinarily 3rd-7th grade)
We encourage children to memorize Scripture and the Shorter Catechism, and we publicly recognize the achievement of those who learn the assignments listed in these links: