HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER AT GRACE CHURCH?
We warmly invite you to consider membership at Grace Church. The steps are listed below. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any other questions about our process.
- Attend the “Exploring Grace” Membership Class | Here are some answers to questions you might have about the class:
- What is the purpose of the class? | “Exploring Grace” is designed to help you understand the basics of the Christian faith and some of the distinctives of Grace Presbyterian Church.
- How often is it offered? | We normally hold the classes quarterly.
- What is the format of the class? | The class is offered in two formats:
- A four-week series during the Sunday School hour, or
- An intensive class held in a single evening.
- Is the class required? | Yes. We ask that all interested adults take the course, whether joining a church for the first time or transferring from another church.
- Do I need to bring anything to the class? | No. All materials are provided.
- What if I miss one of the sessions? | If you are taking the four-week series, we ask that you attend at least three of the four sessions. If this is not possible, coordinate with the teacher about the best option for covering the material.
- Fill out the Membership Application | At the end of the class, the teacher will distribute Membership Applications. If you wish to join, please fill one out for each family member and email them to Kathy Hoisington, [email protected].
- Request a letter of transfer (if applicable) | If you are coming from an affiliated Presbyterian or Reformed church, please ask your church to send a letter of transfer to our session clerk John Logan, [email protected].
- Interview with the Elders | Office staff will coordinate a time for you to meet with the elders. The elders will ask you some simple questions about your beliefs to make sure you are ready to join the church.
- Be publicly received during a worship service | During a worship service, you will affirm the membership questions and be welcomed into the church.